The Philippine Computer Society (PCS) is the longest-existing professional association of computing and information technology professionals in the country. From its special interest groups (SIGs) have spun off today’s more specialized computing and IT-related organizations, many of which have evolved into national organizations themselves.
Established in 1967, the PCS has a long and honored history of growing the development of the ICT industry and of ICT professionals in the Philippines. The PCS has spearheaded numerous local and international activities intended to continuously promote, protect, and enhance the ICT profession. PCS activities have been conducted in an unbroken chain over the years. PCS’s many relevant committees have led initiatives toward the adoption of and legislation to support the use of quality technology in the country.
PCS is a founding member of the South East Asia Regional Computer Confederation (SEARCC) the members of which include the national computer societies of Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
To be the ICT organization of choice that moves members to pursue excellence in their individual professions.
The PCS is a venue that fosters sharing of intellectual resources, the pursuit of dreams and visions, and friendship and cooperation among ICT professionals and practitioners.
- Professional Excellence – PCS will be the lead organization that will uphold the highest level of professional behavior and conduct
- Technical Excellence – PCS will actively promote information sharing and skills enhancement among members
- Personal Excellence – PCS members will spearhead the use of ICT innovations to enhance interpersonal relationships and improve the quality of life
- National Stature – PCS membership will be national in scope and character
- Contribution to Progress – PCS will support the development of a globally competitive Philippine ICT industry