Information Security Essentials Certification (ISEC)
The Philippine Computer Society, in partnership with Pragmatic Insights and Globe Business, is conducting the Information Security Essentials Certification (ISEC) dubbed as PCS-ISEC.
PCS-ISEC is one of the most unique courses designed for Information Security Certification. It puts major emphasis on practicality and immediate “implementability”. It is not only made available for long-time practitioners in the industry but most especially it is designed and packaged for those who will be the focal person for any institution for this discipline. The program took a strong consideration of the participants’ budgetary and time restrictions including limited experience and exposure without sacrificing the true essence of the purpose of the certification. Even with these considerations, the program covers in great details the information security concepts and industry best practices of the Eight Domains of the Common Body of Knowledge. The participants can gain knowledge in information security that increases their ability to successfully implement and manage security programs for any organization with similar concerns.
The program is more than academic. It also includes practical tips and actual experiences shared by Instructors and Facilitators who have outstanding records of achievements in the industry.
What you'll learn -
After successfully completing this course, the participants shall be able to completely learn, understand and implement the Four Domains of PCS-ISEC:
- Foundational Concepts
- Governance and Operational Continuity
- Risk Assessment and Incident Response
- Network, Data, Secure Systems, and Physical Security
Who this course is for -
- It is most applicable for candidates looking to jumpstart their careers in Information Security primarily to help and be part of any institution that has major concern in the protection of their most valuable asset – “DATA”.
- It is very appropriate for personnel who occupies a sensitive post or management role in offices that handles personal Information, trade secrets or management information systems.
- It is also applicable for students who would like to have an added valuable credential in information security from a reputable institution like the Philippine Computer Society as they move up from the academic sector to the private or public sector.
- It is most critical for faculty members whose courses that they teach evolve around Data Privacy or Information Security.
Instructors/Facilitators Pragmatic Insights OPC – Roster (pii.ph)
- Angel “Lito” S. Averia
- Albert “Abet” P. Dela Cruz