Join us and be a member of PCS
1. Who may join PCS?
Any individual professionally engaged in a computing or information technology-related occupation.
2. What are examples of professional engagement?
An individual professionally engaged in a computing or information technology-related occupation would be an individual who is employed:
- by a company or agency or organization the core business of which may or may not be computing or information technology
- such that his principal function on-the-job includes, but may not be limited to, one or more of the following:
- the development, distribution, implementation, support and operation of telecommunication/computer hardware/software;
- the provision of information services to end-user;
- the research/teaching/dissemination of IT knowledge and skills;
- the management of any of the above processes
3. What are the types of membership?
The Philippine Computer Society maintains only one kind of membership; i.e., individual membership. Acceptance into membership is based on the rules and regulations promulgated by the Membership Committee. Approval of membership is by the Board of Directors/Trustees of PCS.
4. What are the benefits of individual membership in PCS?
- A certificate affirming the individual’s status as a PCS individual member
- A membership ID recognizing the individual as a current member of PCS
- Upon the request of and written authorization from a PCS member in good standing, PCS will confirm the member’s current membership to current/prospective employers/institutions of learning
- Professional Development – half-day conferences are held by PCS and individual members may join these conferences at a subsidized rate
- Leadership Development – chairmanship of committees is available to those who are willing to serve
- Networking – meeting other PCS members expands the individual’s circle of influence
- Discounts on fees to major conferences – further professional development with PCS-sponsored events and conferences
- Meeting-for-the-month – individual members can attend membership meetings at a subsidized rate
- Scholarship – opportunities to avail of scholarships offered by participating institutions