How to activate a JPCS local chapter
Application Requirements for Chapter Schools
- An education or training institution with ICT or ICT-related or ICT enabled program offerings authorized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) or by the Technical Education & Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
- Must have a designated Adviser who is an employee of the school.
- Must submit the accomplished chapter activation/renewal form to become a JPCS Chapter School signed by the institution’s President/Campus Head or College Dean or Dean of Student Affairs, together with the list of Chapter Officers, Adviser and bonafide members using the required database template.
- Must have at least 30 qualified members.
- Must submit their calendar of activities for the current school year including semesteral calendar of activities of the chapter school.
- Must have an official e-mail address that will be used for communication purposes.
- Must be established and officially recognized by school authorities as a school-based independent computer student organization. In the case wherein there is already an existing computer organization and the school does not allow for another computer organization to exist, then “JPCS” should be added to the name of the existing organization if it satisfies all the requirements of a JPCS chapter.
- Must remit chaptering and membership fees to the bank account specified by the Philippine Computer Society (PCS) national office.
Application Requirements for Students:
- Must be a bonafide student within the academic year as certified by the School President, or the Campus Head, or the College Dean, or the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Must be of good moral character, with a demonstrated desire to improve oneself in the field of ICT.
- Must submit the completed JPCS student application form to his institution’s JPCS chapter.